Our website address is: http://beaptive.com.
BeAptive Inc. (the “Company” or “We”)strictly observes all domestic statutes, including the Personal Information Protection Act, the Protection of Communications Secret Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, and the Act on Promotion of Utilization of Information and Communications Network.
Moreover, the Company complies with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the European General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), and as such, requires the consent of the legal guardians for the application of any minor under the age 19. The Company ensures to take immediate action with regard to any unintentional deviations from the COPPA or GDPR standards in collecting and using personal information.
- What personal information we collect from you and how we collect and use your personal information
- Provision of personal information to a third party
- Retention period of personal information
- Rights of the User
- Destruction of personal information
- Automatic collection of information and rejection thereof
- Measures to protect personal information
- Contact information of the person in charge
1. What Personal Information We Collect from You and How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- Personal information shall mean all types of information that can identify a living individual (including a number of information that can collectively identify an individual).
- The Company collects personal information for the following purposes:
- Matters regarding user application and communication: identity verification, prevention of fraudulent application, verification of age, maintenance of user status, handling of complaints, announcement of notices, confirmation of consent by legal guardians for minors under age 14, prevention of illegal use of the Service, etc.
- Matters regarding the provision of the Service and contents: provision of the Service, provision of contents, provision of customized services, etc.
- Matters regarding promotional events and marketing: notice on all events and marketing/promotional information, statistical analysis on service use, etc.
- Any other services deemed necessary
- The Company collects the following personal information for the purposes specified above:
- Mandatory items: name, email address, password, date of birth, country of residence
- Method of collection: mobile application, phone call, inquiry to customer services, application to promotional events
- Information such as service use records, access logs, access IP information, and suspension records may be generated and collected in the process of the use of the Service
- The Company must obtain consent from the User when collecting personal information. Information that may infringe fundamental human rights of the User, such as thoughts, political views, criminal records, health conditions, will not be collected unless required by law or with the User’s consent.
2. Provision of Personal Information to a Third-Party
The Company shall not disclose any personal information. If, however, a government agency requests the personal information for investigation purposes in accordance with the procedures and methods as prescribed by law, or the applicable laws and regulations permits the disclosure, or the User consents for the provision of the User’s personal information (i.e., address and contact information) to a specific third party (i.e., delivery service) for a specific purpose (i.e., physical delivery of kits).
3. Retention Period of Personal Information
The Company may use and store the User’s personal information from the time of application to the Service until the termination of the User’s account. As soon as the account deactivation process is completed, all electronic files containing personal information of the User shall be completely deleted from the Company’s server, and all physical files containing personal information of the User shall be shredded beyond recovery and use thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may retain and use the relevant personal information until any event described below has been resolved or otherwise provided by law:
- If an investigation is in progress due to the violation of the applicable laws and regulations, the Company can retain the User’s personal information until the investigation has been completed
- If there is an outstanding debt incurred during the use of the Service, the Company can retain the User’s personal information until the debt is settled;
- Records related to the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.:
- Records on labeling and advertisements: 6 months
- Records on processing of consumer complaints or disputes and records on the collection, process, and use of credit information: 3 years
- Records on contracts or withdrawal from contracts, payments, and supply of goods: 5 years; and
- Records on transactions pursuant to the Protection of Communications Secrets Act:
- Records on computer communications, Internet log in data, access location tracking data: 3 months.
4. Rights of the User
- The User may request to peruse, modify, or withdraw the following personal information at any time:
- The User’s personal information stored by the Company;
- Detailed statement of the Company’s use of and the provision of the User’s personal information to a third-party; or
- Copy of the consent given to the Company by the User for the collection, use, and provision of the personal information.
- The User may directly peruse and correct his/her personal information on the Service or make a request to the person-in-charge of privacy matters to peruse or correct his/her personal information via written notice, phone call, or email, etc.
- The User may request to suspend the processing of his/her personal information processing at any time.
- The User may, at any time, withdraw his/her consent given to the Company at the time of application.
- If the User directly withdraws his/her consent from the Service through the verification process or contacts the person-in-charge or privacy matters via written notice, phone call, or email to withdraw his/her personal information, the Company shall delete the User’s personal information without undue delay. Nonetheless, minimal personal information may be stored in the Company according to the applicable laws and regulations, even if the User withdraws his/her consent.
- The rights hereunder may be exercised through a legal guardian or an attorney-in-fact. In this case, you must submit a Power of Attorney.
5. Destruction of Personal Information
The User’s personal information shall be destructed immediately upon the attainment of the purpose of the personal information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any personal information prescribed by any other law shall be stored separately and destroyed after the retention period as provided by the law. The procedure, period, and method for the destruction of personal information are as follows:
- Destruction Procedure
The personal information entered by the User shall be destroyed without undue delay when the purpose of the personal information has been attained. Other personal information stored in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations shall remain safely stored in a separate database throughout the prescribed retention period and shall be destroyed without undue delay upon the expiration of the retention period. The personal information separately stored in the database shall not be used for any other purpose other than prescribed by the law.
- Destruction Method
- Personal information in the form of electronic files shall be entirely deleted using a technical method that cannot be recovered and reproduced.
- Personal information printed on paper shall be shredded or incinerated.
- Destruction Period
The personal information shall be destroyed immediately in the following cases: expiration of the retention period, the attainment of the purpose of the personal information, the discontinuation of the Service, or the termination of the Company.
6. Automatic Collection of Information and Rejection Thereof
- Definition of Cookies
A cookie is a small file sent from the Company’s server that is necessary to operate the Service and stored on the User’s computer.
- Purpose of Cookies
- To maintain the User’s access; and
- To provide customized services and targeted marketing by analyzing the User’s behavior, such as frequency of visits, usage times, and to identify the user’s tastes and interests by tracking the types and frequency of participation.
- Installation and Rejection of Cookies
The User has the option to install or reject the usage of cookies while using the Service. By adjusting the settings page on the web browser, the User can allow or opt-out of using cookies. If, however, the User rejects the installation of cookies, the User may face difficulties using the Service.
7. Measures to Protect Personal Information
- The User’s personal information is strictly protected with a password created by the User, linked with an email address the User provides during the application process. Therefore, personal information can only be viewed and modified by the User.
- The User shall not disclose his/her password to anyone else. As such, the Company recommends the User to log-out and exit the app after use.
- The Company’s technical and administrative countermeasures to protect the personal information of the User are as follows:
- Encryption device for information that authenticates the User’s identification such as passwords;
- Installation, renewal, and inspection of antivirus software to prevent personal information from being corrupted by a computer virus;
- Secure access by implementing authority and management systems to prevent intruders; and
- Designate and train employees to be the person in charge of the safe management of personal information.
8. Contact Information of the Person in Charge
The Company has a person-in-charge of privacy matters for the protection of personal information and the handling of complaints related to personal information. If you have any inquiries regarding your personal information, please contact the person-in-charge of privacy matters.
Name: Rachel Chung
Company: BeAptive Inc.
Phone Number: +82-10-2568-7852
If you have any other inquiries with regards to personal information infringement, you should contact the Korea Internet & Security Agency, the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center, and the Korean National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (1336)
- Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Internet Crime Investigation Center (02-3480-3600)
- Korean National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center (02-392-0330)